Thursday, March 22, 2007

Prayers

PRAYERS

You say you will pray for me
Because I attend no church
That I have no god to save me
No hope for eternal life.

I say my church is the mother earth
Who nourishes our bodies and souls,
With food and water,
With the sun and moon.

My prayers are the songs of the bird,
The rain drops that feed the earth,
The chirps of the crickets at night,
The sound of a baby’s first cry.

My salvation is the wing of the bird
As it flies across the blue white skies
It is in the fire of the sun
That warms our earth each day.

My soul is hope, my prayer is peace,
My salvation is love for the human race,
My prayer is that mother earth will
Continue to care for us even while we destroy her.

2 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger DeCoMpOsEd said...

BEAUTIFUL AND OH SO TRUE

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger John Q. Brunson Jr. said...

Very nice Bonnie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home