Friday, October 20, 2006

Calculate That!

My husband is a math teacher and has never come to my poetry
nights, because as he says he isn't into words. But he did
Challenge me that if I could write a poem using math he would
come. Be careful what you ask for....

CALCULATE THAT

If X equals me
And Y equal you
Then X + Y
Equals me and you.

But if Y is
Dividing itself by 2
Then X isn’t getting
100% of you.

You say at 59
You’re in your prime
Well honey listen to me
Things aren’t what they used to be

Did you ask what’s your cosine
What’s your angle?
Don’t get your undies
All in a tangle

You aren’t the only one
With a young one on the side
And baby mine takes me
On an all night ride

And remember this old axiom’s true
18 goes into 59 more times
Than 59 goes into 18
Absolute value rules!

Piecewise the variables work for me,
Your expression I calculate
Is finally seeing the formula
Seeing how I equate

That if X = me
And Y= you
X - Y equals
Me minus you.

Calculate that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home