Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I Wish

I WISH

Sometimes I wish my thoughts were deep,
That my words would make people think,
Make them ooh and aah,
Be amazed by my mind!

I wish I could write of war and peace,
Of Xanadu and beyond,
Talk about the stars and moon,
Of deep space, black holes and Mars.

I wish my words would flow,
Like a river of honey sweet,
And could melt your minds and hearts,
Make you taste and smell and see.

I wish I were politically savvy,
Could write a poem to end all wars,
And make the politicians hear,
And make them care about the things they do.

I wish I could write of poverty,
Of injustice and hardship,
Of struggle for freedom and,
Somehow with my words make it right.

I wish I my poetry would make people understand,
Religion isn’t meant to be used,
In anger and hatred and killing,
But to love your neighbor as yourself.

I wish my words could get the world together,
To understand we are all different,
That cultures need not clash,
But could blend and enrich each other.

But I’m not a complex person,
My poems and words are simple ones,
So while my poetry will never rock the world,
I will share it and my love with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home